About the service
In line with our vision to provide a "dignified life for all” members of the Community, the Department of Community Development (DCD) issues fundraising permits considering the relative laws and regulations. The fundraising permit service contributes to organising the fundraising process in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and preserving donors' money.
- Federal and local entities.
- Non-Governmental Organisations.
- Commercial companies.
- Any independent authority with full legal autonomy, based on the legislation in force in the UAE.
Requirements to obtain a permit
To obtain the permit, the following documents must be submitted to DCD:
- Fundraising application form.
- Approval letter from the entity through which donations will be collected (MAAN/UAE red crescent)
- Entity representative identification documents (copy of passport/ Emirates ID/ Visa card)
- Evidence of the legal authority of the applicant (Articles of Association, Publicity Decision, Establishment Law, Trade License)
- Any other documents requested by DCD.
To apply for the service, please send the required documents to the following address: Social.Contribution@addcd.gov.ae
Frequently asked questions
What are donations?
Any money collected in cash or in kind, movable or fixed, including the national currency, foreign currencies, bonds, sukuk and shares, in whatever form they are, including electronic or digital, for spending on charitable causes or providing charitable or humanitarian services and aid.
What are the requirements to apply for fundraising service?
- Filling out the application form.
- The applicant must be a legal person according to the UAE’s laws and legislations.
- Approval of the entities through which the donations will be collected (Emirates Red Crescent Authority / Ma’an Authority)
What are the documents required to receive a donation collection permit? What are the requirements to get fundraising permit?
- Filling out the donation collection permit application form.
- A copy of the passport / Emirates ID / valid residency (for non-nationals) of the representative of the entity.
- A letter proving the approval of the relevant authorities (Emirates Red Crescent / Ma’an Authority)
- The law of establishing, publicising, or issuing commercial licensing of the applicant for the permit.
- Any other documents required by DCD.